Saturday, June 7, 2008

The waiting game...

There is a lot coming up in the next couple of weeks.

June 16: the date of jay's upcoming job interview

next week: i find out if I get a second interview for a job I'm trying to get (teaching middle school science, Gladstone School District)

June 9: I turn 30 :( I feel so old.

We have figured out how to make it through the summer. Jay has a few jobs lined up doing work for the companies he works for part time (one of which told him they were reluctant to hire him on full time because what if work wasn't steady enough? they want to keep him "on contract" which means they pay him to work, and let him go for weeks with no work and no pay. Whatever. I hope they understand that he is going to have absolutely no qualms about leaving them for a regular job if he gets it). One of those jobs involves going to Idaho for 2 weeks straight, which will really suck, but its good money.
Then I will be teaching more juvenile delinquents at Summer School. Its only three weeks, but again, good money.
So we wont starve or have to move in with our parents this summer. Hopefully we can hold out until I start a "real" job in September.

Oh, and someone got into our car last night. Upon finding nothing worth stealing, they took a cinder block and smashed our windshield. What the hell? thanks a lot, scumbag.

I'm trying not to get bitter about the whole job searching process, jay's and mine. It just feels like a cattle-call so much of the time (especially the stupid 3 hour "group" interview i went to). I know something will come up, but i'm just so tired of everything sucking so bad.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics