Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm a happy recycling nerd

Because our blue roll carts are here!
http://www.portlandonline.com/osd/index.cfm?c=44752

we get to recycle EVERYTHING together in a giant roll cart. the only thing we cant put in there is glass. We can even recycle margerine/yogurt type tubs in there, which previously we had to take to a special recycling place.

I know there are a few other people in Portland who couldn't wait for their recycling cart, but I seriously LOVE being able to mix paper, plastic, cardboard and everything else together. Its just so nice when a city makes recycling easy and a pleasure to do. Hopefully this will increase our already awesome city recycling rate.

3 comments:

~Ria~ said...

That is super cool! We used to have something like that but they just took it away. :( Now is the wrong time to be getting rid of recycling. I am actually going to have to go to some HOA meetings and get it taken care of.

~Ria~ said...

That is exciting! We used to have something like that but they just took it away. :( I have to start going to HOA meetings to get something going again.

Emily said...

we mix everything together but when we still had garbage pickup, but since it's done by private companies (why, new york? why?), I had utterly no faith that it was all actually getting recycled properly.

Now that we are taking our trash/recycling to the transfer station ourselves, it's kind of a better feeling ... but I still don't trust people around here to recycle. At least I know where my compost is going ...

 
Clicky Web Analytics